top of page

Child Support


During divorce proceedings, the court may order either or both parents who owe a duty of support to a child to pay support to the other parent or, in the case of both parents, to a third party who has custody in accordance with child support guidelines.

Your children rely upon the financial support of their parents.  One parent's failure to obey the child support order issued by the court can result in extreme hardships to your family.  When this happens, you can seek help from the courts.  I work closely with the Florida Department of Revenue and the family law system to force compliance. 

Some actions that may be used in enforcing child support agreements include:  

Requesting that a family law judge order compliance.

Asking the court to issue an arrest warrant for the noncomplying parent.

Seeking suspension of the parent's Florida driver's license.

Pursuing the parent's IRS tax refunds.

Demanding payments made to the parent from unemployment or workers compensation.

Garnishing wages directly from the parent's paycheck.

Obtaining liens on the delinquent parent's real estate, cars or boats.

Reporting past-due amounts to the credit agencies.

Placing a hold on the delinquent parent's bank accounts.

Each parent must abide by the orders issued by the family law courts even if you think the decision is unfair.  If you and your child have not been receiving the amount of child support that you were awarded, or if you have been accused of not paying court ordered support, I can help you.  If you are the parent ordered to pay child support, and your circumstances change and you are no longer able to meet your obligation, I will help you file for a modification of your court order to reduce child support payments.

bottom of page